DODGE INTREPID ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Intrepid • 130,000 miles

I am swapping a 2.7 engine from a running 2002 and put it in a 2000 2.7 and now the engine that ran in the other car has no spark cranks fine getting fuel crank sensor does does not seem to read right well cranking foundering if the flex plates are different or is the 2000 pcm not going to allow the 2002 motor to have spark
Wjeano24

Did you change over everything from your motor to the donor motor, including the flexplate? It is the only way it will work

Change intake and engine wiring harness and right side exhaust manifold to have the egr did not change flex plate that is what I needed to know if I could use or if they had different timing slots for each year but if I have to change the flex plate do I have to change the cam sprocket to or are they the same on a 2000 and 2002 and being that it cranks but no spark does it just sound like the flex plate problem or could it also be a pcm problem

Wjeano24
Cam gears are the same number.

Flex plates are different numbers. Different part numbers on the crank sensor too. I bet this is your issue.

If the pcm worked with the old motor, then it should be good.