HI MY NAME IS RAYNE. IM 16 AND I PLAN TO BE AN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN. BUT LAST WEEK AS I STOPPED AT A LIGHT MY CAR HAD SHUT ITSELF OFF. I QUICKLY TRIE

2000 Dodge Durango • 174,000 miles

Hi my name is rayne. Im 16 and I plan to be an automotive technician. But last week as I stopped at a light my car had shut itself off. I quickly tried to turn my car on but I had to throttle gas and get to the nearest parking lot. I didnt see anything wrong at that time. But however yesterday I was taking a look and I know I need an oil change and all that but I spotted a fairly decent leak coming from the oil pan of the front transfer case. Personally I think maybe a gasket was blown?
Durango2000

Possibly, but that wont cause it to shut off.

Basics first, fuel pressure and spark test.

Rayne - had similar problem - replaced crank shaft sensor - happened again - replaced the gas cap and no problem since. Try the $10.00 fix.
Maximan

Maximan
Rayne - the other I did was add seafoam to the gas ran it as low as possible and then added premium grade. Forgot those steps.

Maximan