CAR ENGINE

2000 Daewoo Lanos • 5 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 64,000 miles

Car will not drive but starts up ok when acccelerator pressed losses power and cuts out. But will restart.
Craigie 29

Sounds like a mixture control issue. Not enough fuel being injected to make power. Does it also cut out if you rev in neutral/park?

Fixitmr
Yes it also cuts out when put in to drive with no acceleration

Craigie 29
All dashboard lights remain on when ticking over engine man pwr oil etc.

Craigie 29
What is ticking over engine? Do they stay on when it's running?

Fixitmr
Hello, I have a daewoo lanos 2000 model car.I read a conversation between fixitmr and craigie 29. It sounds very similar to my problem with my car. It has been to 2 mechanics now with no luck. My car will start after a while if you pump the accelerator, then it will cough and splutter until it stalls. This will continue for 5 minutes or more while I keep reving the car to keep it running and then eventually it all of a sudden run smoothly again as if nothing is wrong. Once driving normally for a good few km with no problems then it has started its coughing and spluttering again instantly, I pull over and it stalls again. Is there a common problem/fault with these cars like this, maybe electrical?All the obvious things have been looked at twice or replaced i.E spark plugs, fuel, oil, fuel filter, fuel pump. Please help

Nicoleschneider