SHUDDER

2000 Chevrolet Suburban • V8 4WD Automatic • 130,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chevy Suburban with 130000 miles. At speeds over 30 or so @ 2000-2200 rpm it shudders like we are driving over a washboard road. We get no error codes and it only occurs during slight aceleration, as soon as the throttle is let off or pushed harder it stops immediately. I was told it may be the torque converter lock up so I serviced the tranny and added 2 doses of lucas additive to no avail. I have pulled the relay for the tc lock up & saw no change. Recently the exhaust started rattling so I checked it for loose hangers etc, moved the exhaust pipe back & forth as much as possible, rattle stopped & no vibration for a day then back to same vibration & rattle. I have read there is a service bulletin for an exhaust vibration but can't believe the exhaust could make the car shudder so violently, anyone have any ideas?
Mokjwk11

Tight universal joints.

Mokjwk11, did you get any resolution? I have a '98 Suburban 1500 4WD and it is acting exactly like your symptoms

XZH445
Havent had a chance to check u joints yet but I can't imagine that's the issue. Am on vacation & working on it this week will update when the issue is resolved.

Mokjwk11
Also look at the rear transmission mount. If it has sagged, the driveshaft will have less of an angle and a greater tendency to vibrate.

If you have a two-piece driveshaft, check the rubber mount for the center bearing. You may have to run it in gear jacked up on a hoist to see what is moving around or vibrating.