CHEVROLET S-10 TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet S-10 • 105,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chevy S10 4cyl automatic transmission - the engine runs but when you put it into gear (drive)there is very low momentum from transmission. When you step on gas the engine reves, but the vehicle moves forward with very little momentum. What do you think the problem is?

That sounds like the transmission is slipping. Check the fluid level first and if it's full, have a transmission specialist look at it for diagnosis.

Wrenchtech
Check to make sure your emergency brake is not on or stuck, if it is not on, sounds like a slipping transmission. Start youe engine and check to make sure trans. Is full of fluid, if it is full does it have a dark color to it, when was your last trans. Service done always try a fluid and filter change first before doing any major trans. Work. A lot of the time it may just be a clogged trans. Filter. Thanks for using 2CarPros

Mekanic4755
I DO NOT recommend a fluid change to a transmission that already has issues. It could suddenly get much worse. Have it looked at by a professional before experimenting.

Wrenchtech