NO POWER STEERING ENGINE WHISTLES

2000 BMW 323 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 1,580,000 miles

I have a 2000 BMW 323i rear wheel drive 2.5 liter straight six cylinder with a whistling sound coming from the engine and have no power steering vin on the car is wbaan3348ync92016. The reservoir is full and the fluid is really dirty.
Bootsonthegrnd

Disconnect the drive belt and inspect all the pulleys. Pull on the power steering pulley and see if it comes out of the pump, it might have sheared off the pump shaft at the vane driver.

Dr. Hagerty
Thank You I have a feeling this maybe the problem. I did the Turkey baster and drained the fluid a few times and replaced it with new it seemed to make it steer a little bit better for a few miles. I looked for the power steering pump online and found a power steering filter? The car was just in shop for a fuel pump and was towed to the dealer where I bought it and from there to someone more qualified to repair the fuel pump. Both times the tow truck driver refused to use the factory tow hook with the car. I am hoping that this may not have caused my sudden power steering problem. When it happened with the car I had parked in a paring lot to pick up my son and when I started the car my traction control turned off on it's own with the power steering seeming to turn off to. The traction control eventually began working again after driving a short distance.

Bootsonthegrnd
I'll be standing by.

Dr. Hagerty