1999 Saturn SL2 Repair Question
1999 Saturn sl2. I can't get either back door open
were working on rear door(s)?
24 questions asked
oops sorry read to fast. try this
1. Remove fastener from center of inside door handle assembly. Slide door handle assembly forward while pulling outward from the trim panel. Using a thin screwdriver disengage lock and latch rod from retainers.
2. On manual window vehicles, using a standard window handle tool, disengage manual window regulator handle clip and remove window handle.
3. Open access cover at rear of door trim panel and remove door trim panel fastener.
4. Remove door trim panel fasteners at pull cup location.
5. Pull up on door trim panel assembly to disengage trim panel to door structure attaching hooks and remove door trim panel.
24 questions asked
Just to add to this one you removed the inner door panel?Sounds like someone tried to slim jim the car and knocked off the outside handle rod from the door latch.Plus the child locks must be on preventing the inside handle from working.You can still reach the rods thru the inside there is a big opening at the bottom of the door under the inner door panel.
I tried to take off the inner panel. I can't get it off with the door closed
1 question asked
Oh i thought you got the panel off i was going to say bravo because there are screws on the very bottom of the inner door panel.
There is one thing you could try make sure the door is unlocked.Then open the front door then pop up the belt molding at the base of the rear window on top of the outter door skin.You will be able to pop the outter belt molding all the way up it wont come off there is a torx screw holding it on that you cant reach with the door closed.Then you can flex the outter door skin and reach your arm down the door skin to open the door.Just becareful not to break the outter door skin.