SATURN SL2 BRAKE DRUM PROBLEM

1999 Saturn SL2 • 118,321 miles

Iam sorry iam having a very hart time by trying to take off the rear brake drum even when I follow your intructions iam using the hummer to nock the drum to see if is stock I using the very thining flat screw driver in the back hole that is located backof the drum is very hard to see the only thing that I feel is the noise of the spring my question is to know how is the best possible way to take this drum with out making any damage

Saturnsl299

Well, make sure the satr adjuster has the shoes all the way in by turning the star adjuster. It is located in the drum and can be accessed through the back plate and usually has a rubber plug in the access hole. Use a flat blade screwdriver to turn. If a hammer does not work, then you will have to pull the drum and that does not guarantee that there will not be some damage. However if there is it will be to brake shoes more thna likely and you are replacing them. Although other stuff can break. On the drum you will find a threaded hole. Find a bolt that threads into the hole and is long enough to reach the back plate and then a couple of inches longer. Turn it in and slowly tighten it. It will pull the drumm off by pressing it off the back plate.