I WANT TO TAKE THE GAS OUT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

1999 Mercury Station Wagon • 130,000 miles

I have a car that the transmission went out. I had just put a full tank of gas in it. I want to transfer the gas into my mothers car. I bought two different packages of syphon hoses with a pump. I also bought a 2 gallon gas container to transfer the gas into. I have used them just like the instructions said. But it wouldn't work. Both types have a 3 foot hose on both ends of the pump. Nothing is coming out. Only fumes. No liquid gas even touches. Do I need a longer hose? I hope you can help me with this. Cec
Cec

You cant get past the rollover ball.

You need to jump the fuel pump, disconnect the line at the fuel rail and pump it into the buckets.

There might be a check ball in the neck of the tank. You can try a very thin hose. You can also try removing the hose @ the tank under the car and try to snake a hose in that way

Djcl
NOT FAMILIAR WITH YOUR CAR.I DO UNDERSTAND THE "LIQUID GOLD" SITUATION

I SHOW MY FACE AND TAKE A FEW SOFT DRINKS TO THE LOCAL AUTO SALVAGE YARDS FROM TIME TO TIME (MAYBE 2-3 MONTHS, UNLESS I'M ACTUALLY THERE AS A CUSTOMER). I MAY STAY 15 MINUTES OR HOURS, I MAY ALSO ASSIST IN SIMPLE LITTLE TASKS. THIS "SHOWING" SORTA HELPS OUT WHEN LATER I OR MY FRIENDS, ACTUALLY NEED SOMETHING. IT ALSO GIVES ME THE CHANCE TO SCOPE OUT THE RECENT STUFF.

UPON THEIR ARRIVAL AT ONE OF THE AUTO SALVAGE YARDS, SEVERAL OLDER CHEVY CARS THAT WOULD STILL RUN, STILL HAD A GOOD BIT OF FUEL IN THEM. WE TOOK THE RETURN LINE LOOSE AT THE REGULATOR AND PUT ABOUT A TEN FOOT PIECE OF FUEL LINE ON IT (INSTEAD OF IT RETURNING TO THE TANK)

WE FIRED 'EM UP AND FILLED UP THE WRECKER'S FUEL TANK, WHEN THE TANKS WERE EMPTY, THE CARS SHUT DOWN

THEIR OTHER METHOD IS TO PUNCTURE THE TANK AND CATCH THE FUEL IN BUCKETS

I'M SURE THE LATTER IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WISH TO TRY