IF I'M SITING A A STOP OUR GOING THRU A DRIVE THRU MY CAR WANTS TO RUN HOT

1999 Honda Civic • 17,400 miles

I just got it a couple months ago I put a new radiator and thermostat on it it seem to run right I just put a cold air intake on it 2days ago now it's runing hot on me I have no Idea what it could be
Ronnie d

First, we only recommend direct fit parts. You may have changed the engine's air/fuel ratio by changing the intake.

Check if the cooling system has been bled of air and ensure the cooling fans are working.

So chageing the air intake could be the problem on why it's runing hot?

Ronnie d
Do I need to have Air/fuel ratio checked?

Ronnie d
Changing the air intake does not but replacing the radiator and not bleeding the system would.

Kjlow2008, can't the cold air intake have an affect on the MAF? He has a new radiator and t-stat and it ran fine. The problem started after the CAI was installed. At least that is what I understand.

The Civic uses a MAP sensor and no MAF.

It could be running correctly initially but then there could be coolant leakagesomewhere resulting in the temperature increase.