CRANKS ROUGH

1999 Honda Civic • 170,000 miles

My car cranks just fine the first time but when I go run an errand and crank it. It'll start like if it was dieing and I have to press the gas pedal down to get it to run good. Any thoughts or advise much appreciated!
HondaDx

Have it scanned for codes let me know the exact code nunbers you have not code descriptions.

No CEL is on some had told me to do a timing check with a timing light?

HondaDx
I dont see how the timing being off would cause your symptoms. Who told you to check the timing?Also just because the lights not on doesnt mean there arent and codes.I always check for codes first.

Symptoms indicates a possible fault with the IAC. If no trouble codes are present, have the IAC and throttle body cleaned and retest.

Will do that clean the throttle body and IAC

HondaDx
Will post results later on thank you

HondaDx
Keep us posted.

Ok I cleaned the IACV and throttle body and it seemed to do a little better on the starts unlike before. Only sometimes will it crank rough

HondaDx
What do you mean by crank rough?

When I go to start it. It'll hesitate to run. It chokes, chokes and then warms up like usual

HondaDx