99 SHIFTING LEVER IS STUCK. IT WON'T MOVE AT ALL.

1999 GMC Yukon • 155,000 miles

Changed the breaks in the front of the vehicle and ever since I did that the shifting lever will not move.
Grandam96

What about shift interlock mechanism? Any abs codes, any trouble codes for anything? Can you take the shift linkage loose from tranny and shift tranny by hand? If you try anything like that, engine off, level ground, tranny out of gear, functional e-brake is set, block the wheels. Have a helper sitting in cab with foot on the brake. Be safe.

Thank you for the response. Yes, it will shift by hand. Also, replaced the brake booster, master cylinder and brake switch. It was parked on an incline too.

Grandam96
I forgot to let you know that no codes are coming up. The brakes sound like their is air in them though.

Grandam96
You can't shift it without stepping on the brake. Below is wiring for shift interlock mechanism. A generic obd2 code reader may not read ABS codes?

How about brake lights? Are they working?

Wrenchtech
Yes, brake lights are working. It will start and run though.

Grandam96
So frustrated because it is not even on the road yet. Could it be the Neutral Safety Switch?

Grandam96
Could the parking pawl be damaged?

Grandam96
Check for voltage on the wiring circuits in the diagram, go from there.

I am having difficulty printing the diagram.

Grandam96