FORD F-150 HEATER PROBLEM

1999 Ford F-150 • 195,000 miles

I am now getting a fog type mist when I turn on my heater. There is also a smell of the hot raidator liquid.
Robertoputopics

Sounds like the heater core is leaking. Is the smell a sweet smell?

Yes kind of. Could it also be a hose leak into the system? If it is the heater core what could be an estimated cost? What type of repair work should be expected?

Robertoputopics
If your getting a fog mist thru the vents they wouldn't be hose in the engine compartment leaking. That would be the heater core itself leaking. What is your zip code so I can get you a estimated repair cost.

I am in Muleshoe Texas, zip I 79347.
I could also go to Clovis New Mexico 88101

Robertoputopics
For zip 79347 its 547-733 and zip 88101 its 615-785 to replace the heater core. Do you see any wet spots on the carpet or heater box under the dash?

No I do not see any spots on carpet or heater box under dash. Did notice wet spot on ground like if it came from AC condensation. Have not run AC for two weeks prior to seeing this wet spot on the ground.

Robertoputopics
Was the wet on the ground coolant it could be the ac drain leaking coolant from the ac drain because of the heatercore leaking?

It could have been. I think I will just go the replacement route. Thank you for all your help. Will come back if I have any more questions.
Thanks again for all of your help.
Roberto

Robertoputopics
Alright I was just trying to cover all my bases since iam not there to check it out myself.

I am truly greatful for all the help. I just think that it would be best for me to be safe than sorry as I am going to Colorado over the Christmas holiday. Thanks again and you have a merry Christmas.
Roberto

Robertoputopics
Page 1 of 2