LOUD BANG OR POP NOISE

1999 Ford Explorer • 4.0L 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

During excelaration I get a really loud bang coming from under the car and it continues to bang about ever 20 seconds it would stop after speed leveled out but now it continues during all traveling speed been to 3 mechanics each one told me something different I drive the car every day the noise seems to be coming from the rear somewhere if I gas it really hard during take off it is really loud shaking the car and seems to push it forward just slightly and sometimes when I come to a stop seems as though I feel something underneath move slightly then fall back into place but no bang please help.
Rbrown1964

The coming to a stop with the something settling sounds like the rear end. Those fords have issues with that as far as the other issue your going to have to find a good shop to give you a honest correct diagnoses because 3 different reasons is going to be correct. What are the three things there telling you?

One said transfer case another said pinion bearings another said front differential

Rbrown1964
So does the noise come from the front or the back?

To me sounds like the back I removed front drive shaft check rear differintel gears and changed rear breaksis there any way to test transfer case

Rbrown1964
I would put it up on the rack with all the wheels off the ground and see where the noise is coming from.

That's been done will not make same noise when running up on racks even at high rpms

Rbrown1964
Then someone is going to have to use what is called steelman chassis ears.I has aligator clip microphones that clip onto different parts and plug into a control box. That control box has a knob with numbers that you turn that ear phones plug into. That way you can isolate the noise down to where it is. Your going to have to find a shop that has them can do something similar to find the noise.

Lasts 2? What's the odds of it being transfer case and could a hole in the muffler or a bad cat cause the loud pop

Rbrown1964