AIR CONDITIONING PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Ram • 79,500 miles

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport 5.2L and the AC does not work, when I turn the AC on the temperature does not change so can you tell me what I can do to figure out this problem?
Fabian83

Doea your ac compressor kick on when you turn the ac on?

How can I tell if the compressor kicks on?

Fabian83
If the center of the ac compressor is turning when you turn the ac on?

I will have to check this tomorrow and see if the compressor is working. Thanks for the information.

Fabian83
Your welcome your also going to have to check the high and low pressures also. Does your temp door work also?

I think the temp door works because when I turn the temp knob I can hear something that sounds like it's moving.

Fabian83
Also if the engine is hot when selecting the hot temp the heater will operate like normal. Then when going to the blue setting the temp will blow alot cooler.

Thanks for the information, I am going to check these things tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Fabian83
Alright keep me posted.

I was checking to make sure the temp door works and when the truck is hot and I select the hot temp it blows hot air and when I select the cold temp the temperature changes to cold air does this mean it is working correctly? I also was checking to see if the center of the AC compressor is turning when the AC is turned on and it is not turning, does this mean the compressor has failed or is there something else I can do to try to get it working?

Fabian83