CADILLAC SLS BATTERY PROBLEM

1999 Cadillac SLS • 128,000 miles

This is the 2nd time this has happeded. While leaving to lunch, I got into the gas pedal a bit and my car at 35mph just shut off. When finally costed to a stop, I popped the hood and I herd a stange noise coming from my fuel lines. I had turned the car off and the keys where in my pocket. Any how, I ended up bumping this thing, and gas shot out all over my car. Again, this was when my car was in the off position. I had to disconnect my battery to stop it. It shot out about 3 gallons of gas by the time I got the battery unhooked.

As I stated above, this is the 2nd time that the car just quit. The first time I was driving about 60, kinda into the gas, and it just shut right off. I towed the car back home and it sat for a few weeks. Then yesterday my buddy (mechanic at a dealership) came and looked at my car. He said the battery was dead. (I heard the same noise as I did today) I am assuming that the fuel pump was constanly pumping fuel until the battery was dead. So he put the jumper cables on the car, and after 10 min and 10 sec of cranking over, the car started and ran.

When I first towed it home, I charged the battery and tried cranking it over. No luck. I checked the oil and coolant hoping I did not crack a head or the gasket. Now I am stumped on why my car is doing this. Please help.
SuperSparr

I also want to add that when I hooked my code reader to it before I unhooked the battery, all I would get was an error message.

SuperSparr
Looks as thought he fuel pressure regulator may have failed but I am concerned the fuel pump was still running after key off. It may have been residual pressure as the pressure is high in the system

i would start with the regulator

I now have the regulator on. The care will not start. Yhe fuel pump is cycling on and off with the key off. I now have the Snap-On Verus hooked up. But it will not connect to the computer. Any ideas welcome.

SuperSparr
Is there power to the aldl connector? Check the cigarette lighter fuse, it powers the aldl connector

I have power there. My fuzz buster turns on when I open the door.

SuperSparr
Do you have another car to verify the verus is working?

Found a loose ground wire connected to the egr valve. Tightened that down and it started up and the scan tool started connecting.

SuperSparr
Ok, do you have any codes left in the system? Do not erase anything yet

No codes left in the system. I have a tranny code for the lock out converter. That will come back tomorrow.

SuperSparr