HOW DO I TURN OFF MY CHANGE OIL NOW LIGHT

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora • V8 FWD Automatic • 150,000 miles

Ive tried things with the brake petal with no luck
Lcarroll1814

Is there a trip computer with a reset button? Scroll engine info to oil life, press and hold reset.

Factoryjack
Turn the key on and press the accelerator hard to the floor 3 times withing 5 seconds of turning the key on. Sometimes hitting it 4 times works better. If it doesn't reset, try again.

Wrenchtech
Oil Life Monitor Resetting

The engine oil life monitor will indicate when to change the engine oil usually between 5?000?Km?(3,000?Miles) and 12?000?Km?(7,500?Miles) since the last oil change. Under severe conditions, the CHANGE OIL massage may be displayed before 5?000?Km?(3,000?Miles). Never drive the vehicle more than 12?500?Km?(7,500?Miles) or 12?Months, (whichever occurs first), without an oil change. The engine oil life monitor will not detect dust in the oil. If the vehicle is driven in a dusty area, be sure to change the oil every 5?000?Km?(3,000?Miles) or sooner if the CHANGE OIL message is displayed. Reset the oil life monitor when the oil has been change, use the following procedure.

Resetting Procedure

Follow this procedure to reset the engine oil life monitor: 1.

Turn the ignition to RUN.

2.

Press the TRIP button on the driver information center (DIC) switch to view various menu choices and stop on OIL LIFE REMAINING.

3.

Press and hold the RESET button on the DIC switch for more than 5 seconds. The oil life will change to 100%. The engine oil life monitor is now reset.

4.

Turn the ignition OFF.

Factoryjack
I think it will reset either way.

Wrenchtech