FUEL PUMP

1998 Mercury Mystique • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I just changed my speedometer wire on my transmission, I put my car on ramps to do it. When I took my car off the ramps to test ride and see if it works the fuel pump wouldn't turn on. \R\n
P.S. 1998 Mercury Mystique 2.5l 6cyl
Kenney142

You sure you didn't pinch/damage any wires underneath-If not check if the inertia switch is tripped-start here

I checked all of my wires and none of them were damaged or pinched, but when I tested to see if my inertia switch was getting power it was getting power, by the way it wasnt tripped what could cause the inertia switch to not get power

Kenney142
Check and test the fuel pump relay

Could I use a paper clip and jump the inertia switch out to see if thats the problem by touching both the wires with the paper clip just to get that out my way

Kenney142
You can clip it to bypass the inertia switch

Ya just so I can know if that is my problem can I do that and will it mess anything up if I do this because I do not want any more problems

Kenney142
I did that nothing happened so I went and bought a new relay and it still didnt do anything

Kenney142