TRANSMISSION DOWNSHIFTING PROBLEM

1998 Isuzu Rodeo • 150,000 miles

I HAVE A 1998 ISUZU RODEO WITH 4L3OE TRANSMISSION FRESH REBUILD AND IT WILL NOT DOWNSHIFT AT STOP. IT GOES THRU THE UP SHIFTS VERY GOOD AT TAKE OFF TILL YOU STOP AND THEN IT DOES NOT DOWNSHIFT. IT ALSO DOES NOT HAVE A PASSING GEAR ALSO AFTER YOU COME TO A STOP AND MOVE THE SELECTOR TO NEUTRAL AND BACK TO DRIVE IT WILL GO THRU SHIFT PATTERN AGIAN
SumTing Wong

If it is a fresh rebuild, do you have warranty? It should be made correct by the shop.

Could be a stuck governor or a stuck valve in the valve body.

UHHHMMM I stated it was a 4l30E, thus far that means no stuck governor. Also stated that from park to drive it shifts correctly with lock up and NO passing gear. When you stop from your shift pattern it stays in 4 th gear, you can move the shifter from drive to neutral and back to drive it will drive off fine. I am sorry but this is a strange problem and I do know who rebuilt it and he is very very good. So some good input would be appriciated. So whats your next quess? But really I need some input not a lectured on how I might have gotten ripped off. Tyvm

SumTing Wong
Did not give a lecture, just advice which is why I am here.

You did not say anything about the valve body like I mentioned as well.

You cannot expect us to pinpoint an issue from your description without us being there and testing. Our knowledge is what we are trying to give you to lead you in the right direction. Sorry you dont agree but it is the best we can do without us being there and doing a real diag.

Well Mr Roy, I am a professional been doing transmission rebuilding for 35 years now and considdered one of the BEST you seem to assume I am some customer not a tech. I have checked the valve body and replaced all the solenoids and everything is correct in the transmission I have rebuilt probably 1000 of this type of unit and never not ever have I seen this problem. I was just asking too see if there were anyone else has experienced this issue. I feel it is electrical and possibly the ecm it's self. Also there are no stuck valves in the valve body niether one of them there are 2 of them on this unit. NEXT? And also when I stated it was a 4L30E that should have told an EXPERT that it did not have a govenor and was controlled by electrical RIGHT?

SumTing Wong
Wish you would have said you were a professional when you started. That info would have been good to have.
If you are one of the best, dont you have other resources like manufactures forums?
Hope you have better luck with other guys here since I am not your answer.