ONE FUEL INJECTOR LOSING PULSE SIGNAL WHEN CONNECTED, ALL INJECTORS CHECKED AND WORKING.

1998 Holden Rodeo

I have a 3.2 v6 holden Rodeo, on gas and petrol, when running on gas all is ok, when on fuel one injector is not working, have found when connecting the injector the pulse is very faint, have checked all injectors and all are good and working, please help.
98 rodeo

What's the difference between gas an petrol? To me they're the same thing. Have it scanned for codes. Check the wiring to the injectors for shorts, opens, and frays.

Rivermikerat
What I meant is LPG and petrol, have also checked all wiring to the ECM from the injectors and they all have good continuity, could it be a fault in the ECM.

98 rodeo
Yes. It could be. How does the signal to the faulty injector compare with the signal to the other injectors?

Rivermikerat
When the injector is not connected the signal is strong, from the connector, and when it is connected it is very week, I have tried this with an injector that works on the other connectors not fitted to the block on the faulty one.

98 rodeo
It sounds like the injector has an internal short to ground.

Rivermikerat
The injector operates fine on all other cylinders when connected to their plugs, its only when I connect it to cylinder 2# the pulse gets week to only that injector.

98 rodeo
The fault may be in the injector loom plug it self, check for loose fitting pins, I have seen this on Rodeo's before, and ensure that the plug is locking onto the injector fully.

Mhpautos