NO ELECTRICAL POWER. HELP!

1998 Ford F-150 • 75,000 miles

So today I was changing spark plugs on my 98 f150 and I touch one of the wires connected to the primary battery fuse on accident with a tool and got a spark. Didn't think much of it but now I have no power to anything in my car. No lights no click nothing. It's like the battery is not even in the car. Everything was fine up until today. Battery has power and tried jump starting but wouldn't take. Ive check the majority of the fuses. All seem fine as well as swapped many relays Any ideas?
Ckh1992

You burned out a maxi-fuse or fusible link.

Wrenchtech
Any Idea as to what maxi fuse? As well as more detail on what and where for a fusible link. I'm not familiar with those?

Ckh1992
Maxi fi=use is a large, high amp fuse and a fusible link is special melting wire that acts as a fuse. They are usually attached to the starter solenoid, near the battery. Pull on each one and see if they stretch. You need to check all of them.

Wrenchtech
Could you possibly give me more detailed descriptions of where the links are I've never seen one

Ckh1992
I checked, This one doesn't have fusible links. Just fuses.

Wrenchtech
Is the fuse(s) that may have blown more likely to be in the box under the hood or in the cab of the truck? I assume that it's one of the larger fuses. Is it possible for one to not work but not be visibly blown?

Ckh1992
Of course it's possible. The have to be tested. It's going to be one or more of the larger fuses.

Wrenchtech
I have a multimeter. To test the fuses do I just check the ohm rating for resistance?

Ckh1992
Test for voltage on both sides of the fuse.

Wrenchtech
Test for voltage while still connected? And is any sign of voltage good or should it be a particular number

Ckh1992
Page 1 of 2