I JUST REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AN NOW THE ENGINE IS MAKING A KNOCKING NOISE AND IS VERY LOUD WHAT COULD IT BE?

1998 Ford Escort • 155,000 miles

Recently I changed the timing and had all the pulleys changed at the dealership, the car is like new, replaced tensioner n idler pulley recent as well as radiator myself. Car only had 2 owners 155000 standard 5 spd transmission. I have the zx2 2.0L zetec edition. Any thoughts?
Krissy

Did you drop anything down the cylinders when you removed the plugs?

Did the plugs match up to the old ones?

I dont know if a piece of plastic from the old plug fell down but I got a camera to check and cant see anything and the plugs were proper same size.

Krissy
Crank it without the plugs in it to see if it throws anything out from the compression.

I ran the car with jus 3 plugs in and got few little pieces out and saw a plug cracked so I replaced all the plugs again and the car was running fantastic. But when I got home and started the car again now I am getting a ticking noise coming from the engine any ideas. Thanks.

Krissy