FORD CONTOUR STARTER PROBLEM

1998 Ford Contour

Wireing diagram of how battery, starter, and altenator hook up to mega fuse
Boutit1221@yahoo.com

As far as the starter, is this an automatic? What about security system? Below is starter wiring diagram. Any testing at starter or starter relay, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the parking brake is set.

Its an automatic, without an alarm. The way its was hooked up is 1 wire from starter to 175 mega fuse, 1 to fuse box, and the 1 grounding the starter to solinode and ground to battery. The mega fuse has 2 posts, 1 from possitive, 1 from starter, and 1 from altenator. When I test the voltage it reads 0, which makes me think its not hooked up right? I did not take it apart so I am lost at how it should be connected. My car makes a single click like starter isnt getting enough voltage? Please any help is useful because I am working on it alone.

The 175 fuse gets voltage from the starter wiring junction. Which wire color did you test? The 175 fuse circuit is hot all the time. Check the 20 amp fuse in the diagram, for voltage.

I tested the 2 bolts that the fuse is connected to, and it says 0? I think its hooked up wrong? Where does the positive battery cable go to? I have the starter, alternator, and battery connected to that fuse?

The test I did on the start I touched the bolts and I was getting 12v. Like I said I didnt take the starter out, my dad did. I remember a bunch of wires that was in the way, but I dont see them now? I think my dad broke them off. Do u have a diagram of everything from battery - to + and how its hooked up to the starter? Thanks for your help!

I already posted the diagram, take a look.