VAN WILL NOT START

1998 Dodge Caravan • 250,000 miles

Went out unlocked the doors and tryed to start my 98 dodge caravan
it started then stopped tryed it 3 times same thing 4th time it will not turn over and the odomitor will not display and the gas gauge will not regester tryed locking the doors and then open them with the key
Exoticpets2001

Check your battery then have charging system checked.

Battery is new and full charged

Exoticpets2001
You'll havd to check your fuses and relays underhood. You have one fuse in the junction block and one in thepower distribution center underhood. The relay is also in the pdc. This can be a bad igintion switch, pcm, relay, cableor starter. All have to be checked tosee if power is going where it is supposed to.

Try doing a voltage drop test. Connect a volt meeter from battery pos to the starter fat wire. Try to crank the engine and notr the voltage when trying to crank. Then connect the leads from battery neg to the engine block and crank the engine and note the voltage. Or you could run a temp. Ground with a set of jumper cables. There could be high resistance in the cables which will reduce the amount of curent geting to the starter.

Djcl
Van is now running it was the security I locked and unlocked the doors about 5 times with the keys then it started

Exoticpets2001
Lad to hear it

Djcl