CHEVROLET TAHOE COOLANT PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe • 200,000 miles

Green coolant in radiator but orange in reserve box. Will this cause a problem? I have heard dexcool will damage gaskets. Some will say mixing those colors won't cause harm but others say it will. Thanks in advance for any advice you provide.
T!nk

Yes, it will turn into a gl and will cause all kinds of coolant system issue. Drain everything and refill with one type.

Which color is best to use? I would like to avoid major repairs !

T!nk
Use the global coolant. Then it wont matter. Good stuff.

So I am leaning more toward using the old fashion green since that's the color in the radiator. I found out they actually make green dexcool as well. This is a used truck and I have no idea what brand they used. If I simply drain and add regular green - will this be fine or will I need to get a flush. It is still winter time where I stay.I was wondering about the coolant that's in the engine block - I don't know if it stays or evaporates. Thanks for the help !

T!nk