CADILLAC SEVILLE FRAME PROBLEM

1998 Cadillac Seville • V8 2WD Automatic • 110,000 miles

How do you take off a motor mount on a 1998 cadillac seville
Leilani11

You have to undo the frame mount bolt/nut, raise teh engine up and undo the bolts onthe engine. Make sure the engine is secured when up so it doesn't crush your hands. Reverse procedure to install.

I have taken out the bolts conected to the engine and the 3 bolts
conected to mount and and it is loose, the engine is jacked up and I don't have enough room to get it out is is loose I just need about3/4
in to get it out.

Leilani11
You may have to loosen one or both of the other mounts from the frame as well to get enough room.

I have untightened the bolts on the other mounts and I still don't have enough room to get the motor mount

Leilani11
This may help, I will start from square one. With the vehicle raised, or at least the front end, remove the front two subframe bolts and let the frame hang. You will want to remove the 10mm bolt for the bracket that secures the lines to the frame, and obviously the mount nut. Remove the two upper bolts that secure the mount bracket to the front cylinder head, the lower bracket nuts, the brace that runs from the mount to the trans, and the lower bracket studs(using an E-torx). The mount and bracket should be loose. The next part I will try and detail as much as possible. What I do, is pry the frame down and insert a deep socket, or equivalent between the frame and body, and lift up on the front of the engine creating as much space as possible, so that when I lift up on the mount, the long lower stud clears the frame. Rotate the mount/bracket clockwise, as to withdraw the upper part of the bracket from the opening first, and then manipulate the brake lines and such to pull the mount and bracket through. Replace the mount, and reinstall in reverse, not tightening any fasteners until the lower studs are in and tight. Hope this helps.

Factoryjack
We don't see any brake lines in our way of taking the motor mount out.

Leilani11
The brake lines are connected to the subframe where the motor mount connects. It's for the abs unitthat leads to the front wheels.

We already tied down the brake lines, so they are not in our way. And we still can't get it out.

Leilani11
You'll have to disonnect the other motor mounts just like gstacey gave you theinstructions to get it out. They aren't easy.

Where does the holdup seem to be, get a little descriptive in what step you are held up on. You should not have to loosen any other engine mounts. The two mounts at the belt end, and trans end are mounted to the body, and will actually lower the powertrain increasing the difficulty.

Factoryjack