STARTER REMOVAL

1990 Cadillac Seville • V8 FWD Automatic • 180 miles

I am having a heck of a time removing a starter from my 1990 Seville. I've got the heat shields and covers off, removed the two starter bolts, but there is a third clip somewhere cannot reach. Any ideas how to access this? Do I need to remove the exhaust system to change my starter?
Alyn3

4.5L (VIN 5)

Disconnect negative battery cable. Raise and support vehicle. Remove starter motor shield. Remove exhaust front and rear pipe assembly.
Remove flexplate inspection cover. Disconnect solenoid wires and battery cables. Remove starter motor.
To install reverse, removal procedure.

It has another screw look on the other side there is a braket holding the starter.

Cadieman
Thanks for the help. One more bit for clarification. When you say "Remove exhaust front and rear pipe assembly" does that mean the exhaust manifold and pipe all the way back to the connection just past the tranny?

Alyn3