AIR VENTS WONT WORK MOST OF THE TIME

1998 Buick Regal • 200,000 miles

My air vents won't blow air and when this happens sometimes my cruse won't work. And other times my automatic lights won't go out. My major concern is I don't have air at this time
Jamesina

Check all fueses and see if there is power to the blower motor its below the glove box. Let's start hear

Djcl
I have been told my battery is bad but the car still starts, so i'm wondering if that could be the problem, the battery just isn't strong enough to run everything. I plan on buying a new one monday

Jamesina
If the battery can start the car it can run the blower. I would check power and ground @ the blower

Djcl
The blower motor is not under the dash also can't find a fuse for it in the box under the hood.

Jamesina
@ the blower motor with key on or engine running there shoud be 12 volts on one side of the connecter with it un pluged and the blower on a speed. If there is 12 volts plug it in and add a ground to the other side and see if it runs. The most comin problem with this system is the blower resistor it has the relay built in to it. The blower is located behind the right side of the dash the fues are in the fuse block on the right side of the dash. Check all fueses first.

Djcl
. Still can't figure out which fuse. Plus sometimes the blower will work.

Jamesina
If it works some times its not a fuse. When its not working check power and ground @ the blower

Djcl
It isn't the blower motor it works fine but the a/c compressor doesn't kick on or the cooling fan for the motor won't work. It really don't make sense to me cause why wouldn't the cruise or the automatic lights work either.

Jamesina
Have someone check the refrigent level if its low the compressor will not turn on

Djcl
The only problem with even that wouldn't the vent still work and heater work

Jamesina