ABS LIGHT

1998 Buick Regal • 167,000 miles

I have a 1998 Buick Regal GS. Recently, my ABS and Trac Off light began to stay on all the time. It also seems like the brakes drag occasionally. I checked it with an ABS code reader and got all of the following codes:

C1236 Low System Voltage
C1286 ECBM Module turned on Red Brake Lamp Warning Light
Jlarson69

This is something a pro should definitely look at as the auto parts diagnostics can't take snapshots andother tests that are required to properly diagnose what's wrong. However, make sure your battery is in good shape and not giving you low voltage as it will cause problems like this. If it is not reading at least 12.4 volts then replacement is reccomended.

I have a brand new battery in the car. The voltage off reads 12.8 and the voltage with it running is around 13.9. I do have a parts car so I can swap parts fairly easily.

Jlarson69
Do what you want then you don't seem to want to listen to our advice.

If I had the money to take it to a dealership to have it diagnosed I wouldn't have used this site.

Jlarson69
Service stations can do it as well you can't just change a prt expecting it to get fixed. There has to be a snapshot taken as well as a couple other steps to see why it's causing the problem.

It turned out to be a bad ABS relay.

Jlarson69