AUDI A6 BATTERY PROBLEM

1998 Audi A6 • 14,000 miles

Audi a6 2.8 has battery drain I have a clamp on amp meter how do I set the meter up to check drain from battery when everything is suprose to be off ie when osf door open interior light on amps should go up but once door closed amps should go down. Please can you help me and explain how I can do this.
THE TYRE TECHNICIAN

Go to this link for additional information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

He wants to know how to attach his meter.

What type / style of meter (post a picture).

Clamp around the battery negative cable. Depending on the size of the draw, you might have to adjust the meter scale.

You will also have to close the hood latch, so that the car thinks the hood is closed (that way you can lock the car and the alarm eill arm).

Wait 10min to allow vehicle computers to fall asleep. Once the amps on the meter screen have stabilized, that's your draw.

You do not want a draw over 100 milliamps. 0.1A

Thomas

Exovcds
I've send him to that link to get more information-To find a draw with a voltmeter or circuit tester you have to break the circuit-since you have a clamp-on ammeter-no need to break the circuit just clamp on the negative cable of the battery and read off, make sure its in the right scale otherwise its gonna throw you off course.