CAR WON'T TURN OVER?

1997 Saturn SC1 • 234,000 miles

Problem only affects car in summer. Will act like it's vapor-locked. Key will turn, starter will click, but no response from the motor. If I kill my car, it will take at least an HOUR before the engine will turn over again if it is left sitting for more than 5 minutes. Have checked the starter, starter wires, wiring harness under dash, key ignition, central fuses battery, but have no idea where to even begin to check anything else. I know my car very well, can pretty much fix anything on it if somebody will please just give me an idea of what to even look at. Thank you very much, ~*~BEAR
CMosley3

Sounds like a bad starter when they go bad they fail when heated up by the engine. When the starter is inop see if you have power to the purple wire on the starter. If you do bad starter. Let me know what you find.