STALLING PROBLEM

1997 Nissan Maxima • 200,000 miles

Hey! I am the proud owner of a 1997 nissan maxima with almost 200,000 miles on it! It has been having the problem of periodically stalling going around turns, or when im stopped at a light. Today its gotten even worse, stalling frequently. I took it out around the culdesac and it seemingly shut off, I turned it back on, went to turn around and it stalled again! It proceeded to stall 3 more times just in making the 1 turn. None of the gauges were running high, but the brake light and oil light flashed. I checked the engine and it was extremely low on coolant, so I filled that, checked the oil, which came out a lighter brown with a little bit of black "soot" residue, and the battery appears to have some kind of corrosion buildup around one of the terminals. How can I start this bad boy working again?
Thepenguinbeing

I looked around online for people with similar problems. Maybe the engine was running hot because of no coolant and it damages a sensor

Thepenguinbeing
Clean the battery terminals first, check you belt for being tight. Have the cooling system checked for leaks thre may be a head gasket//intake leak. Clean the throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner and lastly check your fuel pressure or have it checked.

First thing tomorrow im having it looked at by a mechanic. Adding the coolant seemed to help, but I agree a sensor may have been damaged from over heating. I'll try cleaning those battery terminals. Any idea how much i'm looking at for a repair if I am having an intake/gasket leak?

Thepenguinbeing
No idea costs vary around u.S.

Well thank you. I appreciate it very much

Thepenguinbeing
Check for trouble codes.