PLEASE HELP SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY

1997 Ford F-250

I was getting ready to start my old ford pickup and the key just made the ignition turn to a certain point, doing nothing. No click no lights coming on nothing
Oldcarman

So does the ignition turn normally to all positions?You just have no dash lights and starter is inop?

Yes I believe so. Also I think my son tampered with it because whe the keys not in the ignition the steering wheel doesnt lock up I looked in there he broke it.

Oldcarman
So does the igniton cylinder turn normally to all positions acc run and start and turn off normally?

Well i'm not quite sure know when I turn it from its orignal postion when you turn it off it stops at when the lights turn (they dont though) then when I turn too start it up it keeps goin then stops in a 180 degree turn

Oldcarman
Maybe I should rephrase my question. Steering wheel lock broke and the key wont turn anything on at all

Oldcarman
No dashboard lights and isnt starting you think its the tumbler?

Oldcarman
Your going to get in there and see what is broken.