ON MY F250 XLT SUPERCAB THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE IS NOT WORKING THERE IS A GRINDING NOISE WHEN WE TRUNIT ON WHEN WE ARE OFF ROADING AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE U JOINTS MABY

1994 Ford F-250 • 120,000 miles

On my 1994 ford f250 xlt supercab the 4 wheel drive is not working there is a grinding noise when we trunit on when we are off roading and it sounds like the u joints maby
F0RDM4N1997

Hi: A u-joint wont grind, so I feel there is another issue. Is the noise coming from the front axle or does it come from under the vehicle near the transfer case?

It comes from right in the middle of the cab around the trannsmission area

F0RDM4N1997
That is where the transfer case is located. What I feel is happening is the electric 4wd actuator is going bad and not fully engaging the 4wd. You need to remove it and check it for operation. It is a common problem.

Thank you if I have any more further probloms with something else how can I contact you

F0RDM4N1997
You can get me by adding to this thread. Just send a question the same way you just did and I'll get it in my email.