97 TRANSFER CASE

1997 Ford Explorer • 6 cylinder 4WD Manual • 174 miles

My 97 ford explorer 5 sped manual trans 4x4 part time has a bad transfer case. The one I that it currently has on it ends in 195ga. I was able to get a case ending in CA. It has a 4 bold flange. Is it possible for me to change the 4 bolt to the round cup like flange. If not can I change the front drive shaft to match the 4 bolt hook up. It is a bw 4405 transmission. What I am really wondering even though it looks the same is the CA transfer case the same as the GA case except for the flange

Bill4118

You are working with two different anamials. First, I need you to understand we only recommend direct fit parts. This is why. When you make changes like this, other things will be different that you don't expect. The sensors on the transfer case will be different, the 4wd actuator will be different. As far as switching the flange so it bolts on, that isn't a really big deal, but if I recall, the driveshaft is a different size which inturn changes the u-joint size. Thus, it won't go together. I recommend getting a direct fit part. That way everything will go together the was is was designed to.