WILL NOT START OR RUN

1997 Ford Crown Victoria • 91,000 miles

I have a 1997 ford crown victoria that will not run. I had a lower ball joint break on the car and had to get it towed home I replaced it and when I went to start the car it would not start. It acts like it wants to but it won't. I have reset the fuel cut off switch and even unhooked the battery to let the system reset but still nothing. I even hooked a code reader to it and it says it cannot communicate with the computer in the car, so is the computer in the car bad and if so how to check it and what would cause it to go bad all of a sudden?
Dirtbag3116

Start with basics. Check for fuel pressure, spark and compression. After that, we can go forward when we determine which area is lacking.

It is getting fuel and has compression and even tried new coil packs and plug wires but still not firing or running

Dirtbag3116
Is there any spark coming out of the coils?

What is the fuel pressure?

Between 40 and 45 psi of fuel pressure and there is no spark what so ever the only thing I haven't replaced is the computers

Dirtbag3116
You need to see if you have a crank signal telling the pcm the motor is turning. You need a scan tool to see if there is an rpm signal when cranking.

Dont be too quick to throw a computer at it till you make sure it is a failure.

I have hook my scan tools to the car several times but they all say can't communicate with the PCM or link failure

Dirtbag3116