97 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR AND PINOUT.

1997 Dodge Neon • 4 cylinder FWD Manual •

The person I got my 97 dodge neon from had cut the Instrument Cluster Wire Harnesses. Which leaves me trying to find out what wires are what. Can you help me please.
Jimmerclone

You're much better off with the factory service manual. With that, I can help you read the color codes. If you chop off a harness from the same year car in a salvage yard, it will be a matter of splicing them together. There will be no need to figure out which wire is for which circuit.

I have been looking for a diagram that would show me color codes but even our local dodge didnt have any. The junk yard is where I got the plugs and the new cluster out of the same year car but still the wires are different colors and on the back of the new cluster was a paper saying which wires were what with the different plug I just dont know mine.

Jimmerclone
The closest I have is a '96 service manual. See if this helps.

Thats great! Thanks

Jimmerclone
Well, ok I looked at that and the plug paper ive got and can you or anyone tell me which wires would connect where. Here is the list I have. I cant figure out how they had it, here it is.
Pin Description/ Function
1 Rear fog lamp feed
2 PCI bus
3 Courtesy lamps
4 Spare-base cluster/ fog lamp switch output
5 VTSS indicator driver
6 Panel lamps dimmer signal
7 Fuel level sensor signal
8 Not used
9 Ignition run/start autostick only
10 Ground
11 Not used
12 Panel lamps driver
13 Passanger door ajar/keyless entry signal
14 Park lamp switch output
15 Ignition off/run/start fused ignition switch output (run-start)
16 Left turn lamp output
17 Right turn lamp output
18 Left turn signal output
19 Right turn signal output
20 Low beam output
21 M1 battery
22 Red brake warning indicator driver
23 Key-in ignition switch sense
24 Driver door ajar switch sense
25 Seat belt switch sense
26 Dimmer switch high beam output

Jimmerclone
I'm going to have to hunt for a newer service manual. It looks like your cluster has a different connector. In the meantime, look on the circuit board for the pin numbers. They generally print the numbers for each end of each row next to the plug like I did in my fancy drawing.

The plug looks like the one, from a newer model it has a picture. I just dont know what wires to hook up to what all I really need to work is the four gauges and the main lights not worried about the rest.

Jimmerclone