WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY CAR TO ENAGE INTO GEAR

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 97 chevy blazer 4x4 midsixe. I had to replace the master power booster for my brakes. Installation went well but now the blazer won't engage into gear I treid bleeding the brakes but it still won't engage. What can I do?
Bnhefflin

Coluumn shifter? Does shifter move but no egagement?

Docfixit
The shifter doesn't even move I was told that it may need a master flush for the air left in the brakes but I was hoping for an easier cheaper solution since I usually work on my own cars to save money

Bnhefflin
Air in brake lines not going to keep from shifting. Check brake pedal switch. Need to know column or floor shift?

Docfixit
Its a floor shifter its in the middle console. We attached the metal rod to the brake pedal and everything seems to be attached correctly.

Bnhefflin
Okay so we fiddled around with the metal rod to the brake pedal and it engages now kind of we have to find a sweet spot on the brakes when pushed. Anyway we can get it to shift into gear more smoothly or will this work itself out? Thank you so much by the way.

Bnhefflin
May need to try new switch so you step on brake pedal till hits a spot to release shifter?

Docfixit