CHEVROLET BLAZER TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1997 Chevrolet Blazer • 140,000 miles

4 months ago my transmission started slipping and lost 3rd and 4th gear. I had the it replaced with a rebuilt one and 4 months later started having the same problem. So the shop replaced it again. A week after the fresh trans, the trans shifts roughly and seems to studder betwen 3 and 4. What could be the cause of this? The shop tells me they flush the radiator and they also charged me for a new ignition switch. I also replaced the speed censor on the transfer case.

Scan for codes first see what's going on you may have a cracked case or vavle body problem. If they can't fix it i'd suggest going to another shop charge them with repairs.

I cant imagine it being a cracked case or valve body. All three transmissions were different ones. So it would be unlikely all three of them had cracks and bad valve bodys wouldnt it? The only trouble code it shows is a misfire in cylinder 4. And on the second trans the speed censor in the transfer case was in the code. I changed that out before installing the third transmission. The third transmission is only a week old and shifts rough and studders between shifts like its not going into gear immediately. Could there be a problem elsewhere in the vehicle that could be causing problems with the trans? Perhaps a PCM? Bad battery cables?

Vince84
If these arent' the correct transmissions meaning the plug isn't the right one it would do all sorts of screwy things. You shold really have a scan done you either have sometype of electrical problem where the connection isor something similar like abad conection to pcm that is whyit's important to get a scan and where are the transmissions coming from? Junkyards usually warranty them and ya with three transmissions it wouldn't seem right, but the electrical seems to be more the problem if the connection is wrong then that is probalby your problem because the trans is beign sent and sending the wrong signals so the computer is just saying ok it's screwed up and leavin git in limp mode. For the misfire check your fuel pressure it shold be 60-66 psi if not it causes a misfire. Rgardless the trans shop who originally installed ti should stand beind their product and it still could have a cracked case/valve body problem. Who is to say they replaced the transmission anyhow? I h ad a trans back 7 times to a trans shop it had the guy at the trans shop going bananas I told him originally I thought it had a cracked case becaue I heard a lud boom when the trans went. Guess what it turned out to be? A cracked case. It would work great when cold but when it got warmed up the crack would come an dall the shift problems started.