96 CRANKS BUT WONT START AFTER ENGINE SWAP

1996 Toyota Camry • 195 miles

My girlfriend put a rod through the block on her 96 camry 2, 2l and I swapped in a 95 2.2l. I changed the oil pump cover to accept the crank position sensor. Now, the car wont start. I'm getting proper voltage at the coil, igniter, and distributor, and ECM as well as continuity. Any thoughts? I'd rather not just throw parts at the car. Thanks
Bpatrick

I see those two long blocks are compatiable so do you have a nice blue spark?

No, I'm not getting any spark at all. I've pulled the plug from distributor, held it close to ground and not seen any spark.

Bpatrick
Is the distributor turning while cranking?Also hows the cap rotor etc?

Check the crankshaft sensor and wirings.

The crankshaft sensor is reading around 1400 Johns of resistance, which is supposed to be in range. I checked the wiring and distributor and both are in working order. Would a broken solenoid on the trans keep it from starting? I think its the lockup solenoid that I found was broken when I was tracing wires.

Bpatrick
The transmisison lockup solenoid has nothing to do with no sparks unless it is shorted and has resulted in a blown fuse.

You have no sparks and that is either due to the crank sensor, distributor, ignition coil or PCM.

Crank sensor reading is good but are the wires secure?
Did you check for trouble codes?

No codeshave been thrown other than the one thrown by the solenoid. Checked for blown fuses, all are good too. Wires going to crank sensor checked out as well.

Bpatrick
Try checking the ignition coil resistance.

IGNITION COIL RESISTANCE

1. Disconnect wiring from ignition coil so ignition coil is isolated from system. Using ohmmeter, check ignition coil primary resistance between ignition coil positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. See
Fig. 5.

2. Check ignition coil secondary resistance between ignition coil positive (+) terminal and high tension terminal (coil wire tower). See Fig. 6. Replace ignition coil if resistance is not within specification.

Coil checks out as well. I appreciate the help so far.

Bpatrick
I would still think the problem lies with the cranksensor. Was the timing belt gear and crank sensor gear installed correctly?