FUSE BOX PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Grand Am • 184,000 miles

Hi, I am having a problem with my fuse box. I have electricity in my car but the gauges and the lights for the dashboard don't work so I cant tell how fast I am going or how much gas I have in my car nor any other light on the dash. Everything else is fine with the power to the car. I checked the fuses but all of them are fine I even changed one of the 10 fuses and the power went back on but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do. What could be the problem? Is the fuse box loose? Sometimes I would have to tap the bottom of the dash to get the lights and power to the dash to work, but it does't work still.
Carhelp12

SInce it would work when you would tap the dash, that tells me you have a bad or loose connection. Check all connections on the rear of the dash to make sure things are clean and tight.