PONTIAC GRAND AM SENSOR PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Grand Am • 224,000 miles

I have a 1996 grand am 3.1. When you start it up it will idle just fine for a minute or two then it will idle up high and then idle really low and spit and sputter. To keep it from dying you have to keep your foor on the pedal. After you take off it will work itself out and will not act like that anymore, however if you shut it off for more than an hour it will do it again when you start it back up. I have replaced the map sensor, and the throttle control sensoe. I had it put back on the computer and it says the oxygen sensor had no activity even though its new as well. I got a good deal on the car and it runs really good after you get it going so I would love to know where to start.
JennyBloomfield

Clean the throttle plate with choke cleaner on both sides first as well as the iac hole. Which O2 sensor has no activity you may have replaced the wrong one and is it due to a bad connection?