STALLING AND LOSS OF POWER

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 211,000 miles

Did an oil change and used a roll paper funnel instead of a proper plastic funnel. The roll paper funnel came unraveled while pouring the oil and spilled about a half of a quart all over the engine. Now I am losing power and stalling when coming to a stop. Also I am hearing a whine noise that may be coming from a belt. What can I do to fix this? Whats the problem here?
Jbldavis1984

Clean the engine as best you can. Any wiring connectors that look oily, clean them inside and out, as best you can.

Check for applicable trouble codes, that might point you in the right direction? You should be able to check for some codes by cycling the ignition switch. Turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. Cycle the key on--off, on--off, on, then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

I hope nothing was shorted by the oil?