FORD RANGER FUSE PROBLEM

1996 Ford Ranger • 194,000 miles

Hi. I replaced the clutch, throw out bearing, pilot bearing and the clutch stuff works great, however somehow I have a short now that I cant find, and is in the starter circuit.
If I turn on the key, it blows two fuses, one for the starter relay fuse, and backup light fuse. I dont understand that one from a clutch job, but its whats happening. Both fuses blow at the same time, 10 ampers too. Suggestions?
We did not unhook the wires from the starter, just dropped it and suspended it on the suspension. Unhooked the battery tho.
Mopar440ish

Are you talking about fuse no.24 and fuse no, 26

DID YOU PINCH ANY OF 'EM IN THE BELL PART OF YOUR TRANNY?----MAYBE YOU PINCHED 'EM TOGETHER, THEN PULLED 'EM OUT---BUT THEY STILL ARE TOUCHING?

For me the reverse light and starter controlled circuit-pinched together and shorted to direct ground and it will blow both fuses simultaneously

I guess we lizard drill at this time-Sarge Nice working w/you again

HHT 4/7 Air Cav, 2ID TacComChf 76-77

WHERE YA BEEN RAZ?

TODAY---29th ANNIVERSARY RANGERS' JUMP INTO GRENADA