WON'T START IN HOT WEATHER

1996 Ford Explorer • 290,000 miles

I am having issues with my explorer. Once the weather starts getting warmer say over 75 degrees it will not start. I can usually go out first thing in the morning and it will start and drive it without issues. But once I turn it off I have to cross my fingers that it will start again. What I should say is that it will try to start then it coughs and dies and then I have to wait sometimes as long as 2-3 hours before it will start again. I was told it sounded like a fuel pump issue so I replaced it in August and didn't have any issues again until the end of April so I once again replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't solve the issue. So the next suggestion was replacing the fuel relay which I have done twice and again I'm having the same issue. Another suggestion was to replace all the relays in the box which I have done and I'm still having the issue. I'm hoping you can help. PLEASE. Rebabecca
Rebabecca

Have you had the vehicle checked for any engine codes, is the check engine light on. Before you have another fuel pump replace, have some one actually check the fuel pressure. It seems you may have a possible crank sensor issue but I can't tell for sure because I am unable to verify the concern. Have the vehicle checked for code. It seems like you've waisted a lot of time and money replacing thing that that are way out of the norm. Its hard to diagnose intermittent issues. I could be a bad wire that seperates when it gets hot. This issue may take time and someone very skillful with electrical and electronics see if you have any code I'm the memory program or pending program. Than have the actual fuel pressure checked while it won't start if fuel pressure is good fuel pump is good. Then have them check for injector pulse, if there is no pulse you may have a bad crank sensor. I have seen then cause this type of issue. But testing has to be done while symptom accures.

Sinbad271