IS THERE A WAY TO BYPASS THE A/C COMPRESSOR TEMPORARILY?

1996 Dodge Stratus • 153,000 miles

I have been hearing a loud noise coming from the passenger side of the car. I have had it for about 1 week now and the person that had it before me said it has been doing this for awhile and when I looked down by the belt I can see it(not sure what it is called) turn then get stuck but the belt is running but looking worn I have had alot of work done to this car. So was wondering is there a temporary fix engine size is 2.4
Wowsa

Is the pully stopping or do you see the compressor clutch engaging? As far as bypassing, it can be done. However, you need to check with the local parts stores. There are manufacturers that make basically an idler pulley to take the place of the compressor. I don't know if one is made for your application.

I believe its the pully it slows down and it hesitates then turns and this goes on until the car is shut off

Wowsa
Just to add to this one dorman makes a ac bypass pulley part number 34227.