TURNS, WON'T START.

1995 Toyota Camry • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 250,150 miles

1995 toyota camry 4cyl LE 250,000KM/150,000Miles
Replaced distributor 4 months ago due to car turning over but not starting. Instantly fixed problem. Now car will again turn over, but won't start - sometimes. Can smell gas coming out of exhaust and hear fuel pump working.

Had car towed home after it was sitting in a mall parking lot for 2hours, wouldnt start back up on way back. Left overnight, started on first try like new. Went for a drive to warm it up and recharge battery, drive fine for first 5 minutes, then when I tried to acclerate, wouldnt give me any more power and RPM's started decreasing. Barely made it home - stalled twice while driving - hard to restart in neutral while rolling down the street. Got back home and parked, car wouldn't restart!

I'm stumped! Last tank of gas was from Chevron, I've never had problems with their gas!
Emmpeethree

Pick your symptoms below check it and get back with some testing results

**Cranks but no start condition: **No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

Your reply does not help me. You clearly did not read my post as everything you have mentioned I have already checked.

Emmpeethree
Replaced distributor 4 months ago due to car turning over but not starting. Instantly fixed problem. Now car will again turn over, but won't start - sometimes.

What so hard understanding: it cranks over and will not start this type of problem involves compression/fuel/spark issue-You can crank it all day if there's a problem on one of them-It won't start

Since you have checked everything I've mentioned then you don't need my help-In here there's no quick fix and I dunno what you have checked

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

Can I get a refund please? I was hoping for a more helpful answer.

Emmpeethree
How much is it and I'll have it returned promptly sorry I'm not that much of a help-