95 HAS A BLAH BLAH BLAH SOUND ONCE TURNED ON AND WHILE DRIVING STARTED AFTER CHANGING THE IAC (IDLE AIR CONTROL)

1995 Saturn SL1 • 230,000 miles

Ok so I have a 95 Saturn and it was stalling. It drove great even tho it was stalling. It was also getting really hot fast. After changing the fuel filter I noticed a difference. It stopped stalling out so much but I realized it was only stalling on Reverse and whn the air was on. I found on your site someone with almost the exact problem. Thats when I learned about the IAC. But after doing that it stopped the stalling and over heating. But now it sounds choppy. Its louder and it sounds like Blah Blah Blah. Overall I have changed or replaced: Spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, IAC, the sensor next to the IAC, Relay fuses, filter, had the muffler reran, 2small rubber hoses running from the engine to where the IAC is connected to (sorry Im a female so I dont know what its all called).I am tired of spending money I dont have to fix something I dont know what or where is causing it. PLEASE HELP I need help ASAP its driving me MAD not knowing whats wrong with my baby. Thank you in advance for your help!
Mamacita2428

So you replaced the iac valve?Also so its running good now?Whats blah blah blah?

The sound it sounds like Blah blah blah blah Its the best I can decribe without having someone hear it personally kinda like the muffler is bad like a choppy sound

Mamacita2428
Yes I replaced the IAC valve its running better then it was and its not running hot either its just the sound that has me its louder and embarressing lol!

Mamacita2428
So does the engine run smooth?This noise is it a vibration type noise?Does the noise change from park to drive?

The engine is still kinda shakey (before changing the IAC it was scary shaky) no vibration type noise when its in park and neutral its fine but when its in any other gear its like chug chug chug chug

Mamacita2428
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your help, I actually learned about the IAC from a post you helped someone else with. I was secretly hoping you answered lol! Thank you!

Mamacita2428
Wow I have a secret admirer I try to answer most of the saturn questions. Iam factory trained saturn tech spent many years working at saturn dealers till they closed the saturn division.I would check the upper motor mount by your valve cover. Its really common for them colaspe. Can you take a few pics of the mount and post them for me to see?Also the lower transmission mounts colaspe and tear loose.

Thats crazy that you said that, my dad was looking at it earlier for me and he is a really great back yard machanic and he said the same thing that I would be ok for now but I would have to change the motor mound that its not to bad right now. Im going to NC this week. I was kinda hoping it was something simplier then the motor mound tho. I thought we put the spark plugs in but I guess we didnt but I do have them. Will put them in tomorrow. Regarding the picture Ill try and do that tomorrow. I have to warn you tho I need to change the gasket on my engine so my engine looks kinda dirty it has dried oil around the block of the engine.

Mamacita2428
Oh would I be able to get a motor mount fron the Junk yard? Is there any way to tell a motor mount is bad just by looking at it?

Mamacita2428
And just a little bit or secret admirer, LOL! No Im just thankful there are still good people like you in the world who are good hearted and will help people. Most people would hoard there knowledge and charge for helping and you techs on this site and similar sites are just awesome. Im sure there is a place in heaven where your needed, I bet god would put you guys in charge of fixing the holy car. Joking! No but seriously if it wasnt for people like you then IDK what I or alot of other people would do. Thank you!

Mamacita2428