FACTORY ALARM SYSTEM

1995 Nissan Maxima • 3.0L 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 190,000 miles

Due to a defective door switch which causes false alarms I want to disable/disconnect the factory alarm system permanently

please direct me as to theā€¦. Wire to cut. The fuse to remove. Or the module to disconnect so as to achieve my goal without of course affecting /interfering with anything else in the vehicle.
Eljer

We dont give out info on how to disable alarm systems because they may fall into the wrong hands. Why dont we replace the door switch?

Its an 18 yr old car.I dont want to spend a dime or any time and effort on the alarm system. The vehicle has also had some strange starter issues which have persisted even after several starter replacements and im trying to take the alarm out of the equation entirely.I know that all the security system really has is a starter interuppt which I believe works through a relay marked "inhibit clutch interlock" if you cant tell me how to disable it entirely how about just the starter interuppt part of it

Eljer
Our site policy is to not Give out info on how to disable the alarm starter disable part of the alarm etc. The owner of this site is very strict about it.

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing? We could trouble shoot the starter when it acts up to see why its inop sometimes. I have a made a feed back light to help trouble shoot interment starter inops.

Ok but just to get this out of my head. The alarm system starter kill relay is closed when the alarm is not triggered correct? So it probably couldnt be a factor as regards this starter issue right?

If that is the case would you check to see if different types of starters were used on the maxima for the 1995 model year. The car will start but once its been running for awhile and shut off it will not restart until it sets for some time then the cycle repeats. The engine has a lurching sound as it is cranked over as if the engine is in vapor lock but I know that it is not. Ive swapped the starter several times because they seem to heat up and fail. Im wondering if its the tooth engagement to the flywheel causing the lurching sound? They keep giving me the same starter as a replacement

Eljer
When the alarm is not going off or set the starter disable should be closed correct. Also when it wont start does the starter work at all?Because you mentioned teeth engagement then were talking about it cools it starts so kinda confusing. Also if its a matter of the starter inop then you could even have a bad neutral safety switch getting hot and becoming inop.

Your question : Also when it wont start does the starter work at all?

My response: yes the starter works and this is my description of what the engine and/or starter sounds like
."The engine has a lurching sound as it is cranked over as if the engine is in vapor lock but I know that it is not "

your question : because you mentioned teeth engagement then were talking about it cools it starts so kinda confusing.

My response: im saying that once it starts " and while it is cranking over before it starts always sounds like this"

and if you try to restart it after switching it off once its run for awhile it will not restart unless it sits and cools off and the starter sound is just as erratic if not more so which makes me think the starter is heating up for some reason

your question : Also if its a matter of the starter inop then you could even have a bad neutral safety switch getting hot and becoming inop.

My response: yes I thought of that and I replaced the neutral safety switch and the same problem persists

we have 2 identical 95 maximas in the family. So I was able to swap out. The crank position sensor cam position sensor. Ignition switch. Checked the plugs, coil packs, injectors. All are good and once it starts it runs fine

Eljer
So it cranks over normal speed just doesn't start?Also you did try removing the gas cap just to see if it starts?Also when it wont start have you checked for a nice blue Spark and what the actual fuel pressure is?

No it doesnt crank over at normal speed but I think I have the solution.I bought and returned several starters from auto zone and o reillys because they failed.I talked to napa and they said there are 2 different starters."8 tooth and one other" I put that one on and it appears to work fine. Incorrect tooth engagement seemed to be the problem

we can end this session now with one more question if you would be so kind

same car 1995 nissan maxima. Runs a little rough at hiway speeds. And plugs and injectors show as good but I suspect the coil packs. Do coil packs either work or not work? Or can they age and work but at reduced spark voltage? Thanks : )

Eljer
Yes the coil packs can fail like that or the coil boots with obd1 like your car its harder to see what cylinders are cutting out.I would also see if the egr valve is sticking open or the pintle spring is weak.