REPAIR'S

1995 Nissan Altima • 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 197,538 miles

Ok this car has been sitting for 2 years and its been exposed to the elements during those 2 years but I have looked it over a lot and its still in the same condition as I left it in. I know it definitely needs a battery, starter, brake pads, and wheels and tires, also all the fluids are still full except for the coolant. What I want to know is what major area's should I inspect and look over more before I slap a battery in it and attempt to start it. I am only asking because I want the car to be drivable again and I need to get some bodywork done on it.

I know its not worth it to fix up this car because repair's will be more than the cars actual value but to me it is worth it.
Importtuner

Check the engine condition-start here

You already checked to make sure the fluids are full. I would fill the coolant if it is low. Next, since it has sat for 2 years, the fuel will most likely be bad. I recommend that you drain it, flush out the lines, replace the fuel filter, and get new fuel for it. After that, make sure no mice or animals got into the wiring, fuel lines, vacuum lines. Then try to start it if everything looks good.

Ok I have checked all the wiring and vacuum lines and they are good to go. I replaced the entire fuel system in the car because I had bought all the parts this past summer and I just put them in today but I did not put any new fuel in yet. Within the next few days I will have a new battery, and starter. What else should I check on the car?

Importtuner
If you have checked what was listed and replaced the fuel, it's time to try to start it.

I got the battery today and put it in along with the fuel. The car actually ran good but had a little trouble starting it with the old starter still in it, I will have the new starter tomorrow. It drove fine on city streets and on the highway, other than a squeaky suspension I still have one problem and that is it doesn't put out a lot of heat as it should, any ideas on this?

Importtuner
Is the engine warming up to normal? Do both heater core hoses get hot with the engine warm, running, and the heater on high?

Yeah the car gets up to normal operating temperature while running. I let it run for 15 minutes with the heater on high and it still put out more cold air than warm air so I checked the heater core hoses as you said and they were barely warm. So do I need to get a new heater core or what do I need?

Importtuner
Was one of the heater core hoses hot and the other not? If so, I would try to flush the heater core first.

Yeah one was hotter than the other so I will flush it and I will get back to you with in a hour.

Importtuner
The heater core definitely needed to be flushed, the heater works fine now and puts out hot air.

Importtuner
Page 1 of 2